Not so vanilla – vanilla cake
Get the full post and tutorial HERE: https://ediblesugarart.com/?p=529&preview=true
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30-35 minutes|
- 9 oz Butter
- 90 ml Vegatable Oil
- 525 grams Sugar granulated
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cream Sherry
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Madeira Wine
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla optional
- 255 grams Flour all purpose
- 213 grams Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk Heated 60 seconds in microwave
- 4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Grease and Place parchment rounds in 3 8'' round cake pans. I always use baking strips for my vanilla cakes. If using them, wet them and pin them on pans now.
- Place Butter, oil, and sugar in your mixer and turn onto low. You want to mix just enough to incorporate it together. About 30 seconds.
- Add you egg whites. Mix on low until the butter mixture has just adsorbed the egg whites.
- Next sprinkle in your dry ingredients. Once they are all in, turn the mixer on low, pulsating if needed so you don't throw the flour back out. mix until it is just incorporated. About another 30 seconds.
- Next add in the cup of milk.it is important that the milk is not cold. you don't want your butter to curdle back up. Once the milk is incorporated, turn the mixere up to medium and let it mix for 1 minute. scraping down the bowl midway.
- Poor evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35. Remove when centers are firm and toothpick comes out clean
Vanilla cake gets a bad rap for being dry when it is usually not the cakes fault. It is the person responsible for watching through the oven door!
Yes that means US! I have failed my cake many times. Thank goodness for kids and cake pop recipes! However it doesn't have to end this way.
Simply staying close by, hovering around, stalking it like a overbearing ex-girlfriend (don't ever be that girl) that's what makes for a perfectly timed cake! Haha!
So there you have it! My Not So Vanilla Vanilla Cake! Try it out folks.
Read the full post HERE: https://ediblesugarart.com/?p=529&preview=true
Leave a Reply