Ultimate rich chocolate cake. Find the full tutorial and article HERE: https://ediblesugarart.com/?p=518&preview=true
Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa, 8-Ounce Container (Pack of 2)
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25-30 Minutes|
- 400 Grams Sugar Granulated
- 226 Grams Flours All-Purpose
- 71 Grams Cocoa Powder Hersheys Special Dark Coco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 easpoons Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegatable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Sherry/Madeira Wine
- 1 1/4 Cup Hot Strong Coffee
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease bottom of 3 8'' round cake pans. (2 '' rounds can be used). Place parchment rounds in each.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowls. Gently turn on mixer to incorporate dry ingredients together. Turn off mixer.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot strong coffee. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, measure out milk and oil. Pour directly into the bowl and mix on low. Add eggs and mix on low just to incorporate. About 30 seconds. Add your sherry or Madeira wine. mix to incorporate.
- With mixer on lowest setting, slowly pour hot coffee into the batter. SLOWLY!! Be careful not to splash or hit the blade or beater. You want to pour down the side of the bowl. This step can also be done by hand. Add a little coffee at a time and stir until all the coffee is absorbed by the batter.
- Pour equally into prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Note: This batter will be thin. This is totally normal and what we want!!
This batter does rise well in the pan. Don't worry that you pan is not full and don't fill your pans to far up with this batter.
This makes a very moist cake. It can be difficult to work with if you are a wedding cake baker straight from the oven but is excellent after a night in the freezer!
This cocoa powder is what makes this cake!!!! Make sure you are using this or a similar dark high quality cocoa powder! You will not regret it! Yum!
Leave a Reply